Right around 1962, Clarence Thoma, a.k.a. “Bud,” founded Thoma Electric Company. Originally a contracting business, Bud and his staff performed electrical construction for some of the Central Coast’s most notable landmarks. From the first branch of Mid-State Bank, to rewiring the popcorn popper at San Luis Variety, Thoma Electric has made its lasting mark on the Central Coast region for over 50 years.
In 1981, Thoma Electric expanded service into electrical consulting, engineering and design. Twenty-eight years later, Thoma Electric has grown dramatically throughout California and the West Coast, providing consulting, engineering, design and construction services for some of the region’s most prominent projects through innovative ideas and environmentally sustainable principles applied to every project they work on.
Fifty years of electrical engineering and construction have established an unwavering commitment to quality in all phases of our work. Our primary mission is to:
- Maintain the highest level of integrity, accountability and commitment to total customer satisfaction.
- Recruit the most qualified corps of industry professionals.
- Lead our industry in promoting energy conservation and environmental sustainability.
- Provide the greatest value and cost benefit to our clients.
- Create an operational environment that promotes productivity and personal satisfaction.
- Share our assets with the communities we live and work in through charitable contributions and community action.
- Uphold these values in every phase of company operation.